Home Care in Hoffman Estates IL
Your parents’ environment makes a tremendous difference in how they feel. If their home is not clean and fresh, they are not just at increased risk of physical ailments such as respiratory infections, headaches, and fatigue, but can also experience higher degrees of anxiety and depression. They may also feel uncomfortable welcoming guests into the home, which could further decrease the amount of social interaction and mental stimulation they receive on a regular basis, further impacting their mental and emotional health.
Creating a comfortable and pleasant living environment is one of the many useful ways a home care provider can improve and maintain your aging parents’ quality of life. By eliminating clutter, taking out the trash, and handling light housekeeping tasks such as laundry and loading the dishwasher, the care provider can help keep your parents in safe, health, and peaceful surroundings.
While you can expect that some tasks will require cleaning products to manage effectively, this does not mean that the in home health care services provider must rely on harsh chemicals and toxic substances to keep the home clean and create a fresh smell. There are many natural approaches that can help the care provider handle her tasks efficiently, and make it easier for you to take care of the more extensive cleaning tasks more easily as well, without having to introduce potentially hazardous materials into the home.
Try some of these natural products and approaches to keeping your parents’ home clean and smelling fresh:
• Homemade linen spray. Freshen up the soft surfaces of the home with a homemade linen spray that embeds the cloth with incredible scents while also offering the properties of essential oils. Mix 15 drops of essential oils into 4 ounces of water and put in a pump spray bottle. You can make as much of the spray as you want simply by doubling or tripling the combination to fill your choice of bottle. Use this mixture as a room spray or spray a light mist directly onto the bed, sofa, curtains, and other soft surfaces to freshen the space. Try lavender and vanilla, orange and ginger, or rose oils.
• Fresh bathroom. Keep the bathroom smelling fresh and clean by dipping either end of a cotton swab and taping it to the inside of the toilet paper roll or behind the toilet. Alternately, combine baking soda and several drops of essential oils until the soda is a crumbling paste like wet sand, pack it into a soap mold and allow to dry completely. Put the baking soda cake behind the toilet to absorb odors and give off a pleasant smell
• Welcoming kitchen. Remove bad odors lingering in the kitchen by grinding several handfuls of orange, lemon, or lime peels through the garbage disposal. In between changing the liners in the trash can, sprinkle the bottom of the can with baking soda. This deodorizes the can and absorbs drops of liquid to make cleaning the can easier
• Carpet powder. Make vacuuming more beneficial with a homemade carpet powder consisting of 1/2 cup each baking soda and borax (which is all-natural). Add in 20 drops of your favorite essential oil and put into a glass cheese shaker. Sprinkle over the carpet and allow to sit for 15 minutes before vacuuming. The combination helps to remove dirt, dust, and hair, and the essential oils leave the house smelling fresh. If your parents have pets, consider using orange oil which is a natural flea repellant.
If you or an aging loved one are interested in home care near Hoffman Estates, IL, call the caring staff at Harmony Home Care Inc. at 847-382-6200. Providing Care in Barrington, Inverness, Arlington Heights, Palatine, Buffalo Grove, Crystal Lake, Lake Zurich, Huntley, Hoffman Estates, & Vernon Hills.
Latest posts by Carl Erickson (see all)
- 5 Safety Tips for Seniors in the Sun - July 1, 2015
- 5 Reasons Senior Care Should be Considered when Someone is Diagnosed with Alzheimer’s - June 23, 2015
- Elderly Care Recipes: Cool and Refreshing Marinated Cucumber Salad - June 17, 2015